Monday 6 February 2012

Simple moisturiser

(retails from £3.35 at Boots although is available from supermarkets and other beauty stores)

I've never understood the appeal with buying an expensive moisturiser because I thought my skin could 'handle' whatever one it fancied. However, I've since discovered that anything scented can make my face go slightly red and a little itchy. Obviously not something I want in a moisturiser aimed to make my skin look clearer and better. This was when I decided to try out Simple.


The Simple Kind to Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser aims to keep skin replenished and hydrated and, much like the other products sold under their brand, is perfect for sensitive skin. It contains Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E and Borage Seed Oil helps to soften the skin. It contains no perfume or colour. 



The moisturiser itself is quite thick but spreads out and blends evenly so only a little is needed for each use meaning that it's worth the money spent. I always thought hydrating skin implied greasiness but it doesn't - it stops from drying it out and makes skin look more fresh-faced. This moisturiser definitely does as it says on the tin and leaves my face looking glowing without greasy. It smells slightly like plasticine rather than scented - obviously this is what it promotes, not being overly 'smelly'. The plasticine smell doesn't last long though or stay on your face. The formula is lovely and light on my skin and not heavy at all. It's my favourite moisturiser and is a definite winner for me!

Good for: A light moisturiser for sensitive skins
Bad for: People looking for something with a long-lasting, different smell




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x