Sunday 5 February 2012

OLLY MURS: 4th February 2012 - O2 Arena


Anyone who knows me knows how much of a massive fan my mum & I are of Olly Murs so when I managed to get amazing, amazing tickets (Front block of the O2, SIX ROWS FROM THE MAN HIMSELF) I was crazily excited. This is the sixth time seeing him and I didn't think it could get any better than his last tour but he was as beautiful as ever and was astounding.


Have you ever had your heart surge with pride? I had that with Olly when I saw his name coming up to the O2. He'd started off just an ordinary Essex lad who went on the X Factor and from his first audition he'd said he wanted to be a popstar. Well now that ordinary lad (who is still as down to earth as ever) has sold out the O2 and seeing a picture like this made me so incredibly proud to be a fan of his from the very beginning of it all.



I was on the right hand side of the stage and was so incredibly lucky to get a few glances  my way (and I know everyone says it but he was looking at me. Honest). It was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Or the best to be honest. He sung old and new songs, covers and put on the most amazing show. He's the same guy he's always been and that's what I love about him. He's normal, he's talented, he's a hard worker, he's an achiever, he's gorgeous, he's an amazing singer, he's relatable and he takes time out to thank people - something you rarely see nowadays. He always updates his twitter and compliments fans and he's just so real and natural; he doesn't have any false pretences and you feel like you're always on par with him - he doesn't act better than his fans and he doesn't have a massive ego. He's one of those people that few find hard to get along with I imagine.


His family had also come down and he got all 16 000 of us to sing happy birthday to his dad, Peter, which was a beautiful moment. The look on his face and Olly's of course was so cute. I looked over at him a couple of times and pride was just written all over his face.



My voice had gone hoarse by the end of the night, as had my mum's, from screaming and singing along. He walked through the crowd and had a second stage - something I truly admire. It shows he wants to reach out to all his fans; at the front and the back of the arena.


He then brought out Rizzle Kicks for his last song and everyone was going absolutely crazy. My two favourite thing about concerts are; 1) hearing the audience sing back the artist's lyrics to them. It gives me a chill up my spine to know all these people have come together for them and, whilst I'm not surprised, the support makes me so happy and 2) watching their face as it happens. Olly's face absolutely lit up as he saw people singing and screaming and the amount of pride I felt remembering his first audition to now. He is the loveliest guy on earth. 
Finally, I had to share with you this picture. Being lit up by just a spotlight and 16, 000 people on their phones is absolutely crazy and this beautiful picture just captures the whole night in one.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x