Monday 20 February 2012

AVON ultra colour rich lipstick : Carnation

(available from AVON for £7, however prices differ depending on their offers)

I permanently find myself buying AVON lipsticks in the hope of finding my perfect shade. It does make it so difficult that the colours from the catalogue and online shop look different to real life depending on the quality of the pictures. I generally find that colours look a lot darker in the magazine and come out several shades lighter or shinier in real life. 


I cannot stand any glosses or glittery lipsticks as they feel too sticky and heavy on my lips and I find myself wiping them off in disgust. However, this lipstick is heavenly. It's a dark pink shade but isn't too bright or loud, it just adds a nice pink shading to my lips. It doesn't feel gloopy or too shiny, it glides on with easy and feels soft and silky. It states it 'hydrates lips' and gives a 'voluptuous look to lips' and I must say I agree. I'm nearly out of it and I'm desperate to get my hands on some more. It also lasts a long time regardless of how many drinks I've had it stays on throughout and only fades slightly after around 6 hours. Considering it doesn't claim it's long-lasting and isn't specifically made for that purpose it does very well.


Good for: Moisturising, pink lipstick that is long-lasting
Bad for: Being able to know which shade you're purchasing - AVON lipsticks generally seem like a bit of a 'lucky dip'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x