Thursday 23 February 2012

AVON Liquid Freeze Quick Dry Spray


(available from AVON for £6 although pricing differs due to special offers in specific brochures)

AVON describe this product as spraying 'nails dry in a flash' and 'a convenient, fast-drying top coat in an easy to use spray.' After the success I had from the OPI drip dry solution I didn't know if any product could match it. Nevertheless I gave this AVON spray a go to see if it too could be one of my top formulas for helping nails dry more quickly.


My first issue is with the nozzle. This is the kind of spray seen on hair products and body sprays to find this on a nail product where nails are so much smaller in comparison puts me off. The amount it dispenses ends up all over my hands and fingers rather than just my nails making it feel rather wasteful and also leaving my hands very wet. Not so much Freeze Spray but just wet and soggy! It seemed to be washing the nail varnish out rather than drying it. I can't really comment on the dryness itself as my hand was quite wet but it didn't feel much different to drying them without the aid of any additional products. In fact, it was a bit of a nuisance with wet hands when the initial idea seemed to be to have the opposite effect - to dry nails so that I can get on with doing things using my hand rather than waiting for them to dry again.
This is not a product I'd recommend although it has had good reviews on its website so perhaps I just got a duff formula or my nails are too small to use effectively!


Good for: Those on a budget
Bad for: A solution to help nails dry longer - check out the OPI Drip Dry or just do it the natural way

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x