Monday 23 January 2012

OPI Drip Dry

(available at Boots & ASOS for £13.75 although may be cheaper on other websites such as Amazon)

I received this OPI Drip Dry for Christmas from my lovely friend and was straight away intrigued as to what it is. It comes with the polish drops themselves in a nail varnish style glass bottle and a dropper, much like those used in Science experiments. It claims that it is 'guaranteed to dry nails in 5 minutes' and 'treats sore cuticles' as well as containing Jojoba and Vitamin E.

I've always been sceptical of these sort of products and believed the only way for nails to properly dry is to just air them out and make sure you don't scrape your nails purposefully on any surfaces. The OPI Drip Dry is so easy to use. I initially thought that the dropper would be really hard to use but you just dip it in the formula and then drop one or two droplets on each nails. (I have short nails but for longer nails you made need more for a better coverage.)


I must say I was surprised with the outcome of this product. The formula itself works very quickly - I'd say less than 5 minutes myself. Again, I don't specifically check for wetness on my nails but they definitely feel less delicate and like they may smudge like I'm usually left feeling. Since receiving this product I've painted my nails without it but don't feel confident that they'll dry in time. I've even painted them a few hours before going out and have had them completely dry and remained so throughout the night. I can't confirm claims that it treats sore cuticles as I don't suffer from this, however my nails do feel a better quality recently - whether that's due to the Drip Dry I can't say, but it does seem to be quite a co incidence!

I don't think I'd pay £13.75 for this product as it's not completely essential but I absolutely love it and am very impressed with it. Kudos to OPI for releasing a drying product that actually works!

Good for: Helping nails dry quickly
Bad for: People on a budget

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered about this, but it sounds pretty good :) great post xx

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x