Sunday 9 September 2012

MUA Eyebrow Pencil in Brunette

  
 (available from superdrug or MUA online for £1)

Recently retailers such as the likes of AVON and MUA now have eyebrow pencils with brushes included - this makes application so much more easy as you can shape your brows ready for the pencil at the other end. Perfect for someone on the go!
 
The design of the pencil itself is very simple and plain with sleek silver highlights that make it look classy. Having a seal around each end to protect it from getting all over my make-up bag or spreading bacteria is brilliant as it ensures that my make-up is well looked after. 


The MUA range is one I love with prices ranging from £1 - £4 throughout the whole collection which is brilliant for someone on a budget, like myself, without compromising on quality. The brush itself is soft, unlike those that are structured with a bristles wrapped around a metal wire which can hurt a little. This means that it doesn't tug on my eyebrows but lightly brushes them into a nice shape perfect for before pencil application.


The pencil only comes in brunette or blonde although both come out a lot darker than expected. This is definitely for those that want a stand-out 'brow rather than something more subtle/natural. I've found that using the flat side of the brush (holding it slightly sideways) makes it more easy to blend as using it front-on makes it come out too dark.

Hardly any pressure is needed to obtain a good looking result without going overboard. Obviously if you have darker hair then more may be needed. Yet again, an issue I've had with several eyebrow pencils, is that I'd much prefer a twist-up style rather than hunting around for a sharpener.

I can't fault any of the MUA range (so far - although I doubt my impression will change)! It's a beautiful collection with prices that are perfect for those on a budget. For £1 you cannot go wrong. Well done MUA!


(bottom picture shows how easy it is to blend without losing too much pigmentation)


1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x