Tuesday 3 January 2012

Tangle Teezer

The Tangle Teezer appears to be the new style gadget for a lot of bloggers and beauty fanatics as of late and after seeing Holly's review of the Tangle Teezer I decided to look more into it. The Tangle Teezer was invented by Shaun B who appeared on Dragon's Den with the infamous hairbrush which, surprisingly, did not manage to win over any of the dragons. However he pushed through and the Tangle Teezer came to life in stores throughout the country. 

According to their website the original Tangle Teezer (pictured above) is a detangling brush that eases through wet, dry, sensitive or colour treated hair without pulling and simply unknotting it. These specific ones retail at £10.20.

I personally found this quite a high price to pay for a hairbrush and was uneasy at the thought of purchasing one. However, after eyeing it up for a while, my best friend bought me the bubblegum pink Tangle Teezer for Christmas. I've been growing my hair for a year and it's been getting ridiculously unruly as I haven't brushed it properly or regularly since I started growing it. I started getting worried as knots were gradually emerging in my hair and pulling them out was making my hair become even more damaged. 

I was slightly apprehensive as I thought it may pull on my hair and hurt trying to get the knots out but entirely the opposite happened. It glides through my hair easily and, with a little more pressure applied, it takes knots out in an instant. After first using it my hair felt so treated, soft and straight and I couldn't stop touching it for hours on end! My only issue was getting hair out of the brush afterwards but, low and behold, there was a really easy solution to this - just use another brush and it's clean as new again.

My hair isn't generally too damaged anyway but with the Tangle Teezer my hair is improving and I no longer have nasty looking tangles or knots. This is a product I'd recommend to anyone and the variety of products and colours appeal to everyone as well! 



Good for: Leaving hair in pristine condition, combing out knots and increasing hair confidence
Bad for: Lazy girls who don't like brushing out a brush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x