Tuesday 24 January 2012

Barbara Daly Eyeshadow Pen

(available for £5.75 from Tesco)

I went out shopping with my mum and came across this Barbara Daly easy-on-the-eye eye shadow pen for just 56p! So of course, the bargain hunter in me told me to go for it. Barbara Daly is a make-up artist who has enhanced the looks of Hollywood starlets and has brought out her own range of cosmetics.

Tesco have described this pen as a shadow that will 'keep your eyes looking good' and explains this 'precision-tipped brush delivers a soft, creamy, long lasting colour with a subtle frost' leaving an 'easy, smooth and silky finish'.


This product does come out very thick although I'm slightly let down by the quality. I found it very hard to spread over my eye and every time I tried to blend it with the brush and spread it out it started being wiped off the previous layer I'd applied. The bristles are generally seen on gel lipglosses and are very successful but on eyes it feels very harsh and hurt with application very slightly. The formula is very thick and felt cloggy and the colour didn't suit me at all and made my eyes look very sunken into my head. If I'd've chosen a bronze though this might have produced a better effect. However, to balance it out you can control how much comes out by the twist up feature which was a good addition and when it was on it did feel quite smooth. 


I definitely would not have paid £5.75 for this product but it's always worth knowing and, at 56p, I wasn't expecting much. I would've been very disappointed had I paid full price though. I'm not entirely sure that I like the cream eyeshadow look anyway but in bristle form I definitely don't think it works on eyes - it seems to be too harsh a product. I'm sure I'll visit the Barbara Daly collection again soon as she does have some affordable nice other pieces such as her foundations so all is not lost!

Good for: A pop of colour
Bad for: Easy application and sensitive eyes




2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, thats interesting! I don't like cream eyeshadow though xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does indeed come out very thick x

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x