Monday 11 June 2012

Nailed it!


This is just a mega quick post about some false nails I picked up at the weekend. I apologise for the lighting of the pictures due to the grotty weather at the moment. I'll resume pictures on my pillow with the sun beaming in when the weather allows me to!




I picked these false nails up from my local Primark store after seeing them being spoken about by people on tumblr and other bloggers. I've never been a massive fan of fake nails, more specifically 'french manicure' type ones as I keep mine really, really short. Bitten sometimes down to the skin underneath. To be honest, I cannot stand long nails. But I decided change is a good thing and plumped for red false nails for just £1. They do come in other styles although I haven't seen any other plain coloured ones yes.


The nails come in a pack of 24 and an adhesive which is ideal for someone like me who loses things very easily. Also, it's perfect for everyone as they come in a variety of different sizes. The nails themselves are a deep-ish red tone but, on closer inspection, they come up slightly ombre darkening at the top and fading slightly. This can't really be seen in my pictures however it's lovely and subtle in real life.




The glue dries very quickly although I've been left with some glue marks on some of the nails which is disappointing - take care with your own nails or get someone else to give you a hand! They do, however, feel pretty solid. A couple have come loose but I've secured them again with a bit more glue. My friend put them on the day before me and in terms of coming off none of hers have come off yet so for a £1 they seem pretty worthwhile. Also, they are seemingly easy to get off by either soaking in nail polish/water or you can brave pulling at them as my friend did although I wouldn't advise it.



I'm going to try these other styles in the next few weeks so keep your eyes peeled for a more length review next time! I'm also going to attempt to file/colour them and I'll be back with my results. Do £1 false nails put you off? Or can you not really go wrong?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x