Monday 4 June 2012

Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick : Cherry Bomb



(newer versions of this lipstick are available from Boots for £2.99 but I snapped mine up from Discount UK for £1!)

This older edition of the product is no longer in stock so I'm using the claims of the new Collection 2000 Long Lasting lipstick which is slightly more improved but there are no real excessive differences. The range claims to be a 'collection of bold, bright, bang on trend shades to suit every tone' and it has a 'luxurious creamy feel and locks colour to lips all day'. I purchased this in Cherry Bomb as I don't own a bright red and I believe every girl needs some varying shade of red in her lipstick collection.



The package itself is a little bland. It's a plain black design with little hints of pink on the top and around the side. It's really not the most attractive of designs and it wouldn't draw me in if it weren't so cheap. Initially the colour, upon opening, was a massive 'wow' and really stood out. It scared me a little because it is so bright - definitely for the bravehearted.


The product itself glides on easily and, although quite bright, it does look good. It stands out but that's the whole point! I definitely agree that it's creamy and packs a punch - for make-up purposes I'd have to dress down the rest out of my face and tone down my eye make-up with a subtle look in order to make sure it doesn't look too much.

The swatches below show how strong the colour is but I've also included one to show how easily it smudges. As well as this the 'long lasting' colour is something I definitely do not agree with. It lasts around 1 - 3 hours maximum and transfers to everything. This is obviously understandable but with many of my other lipsticks it does still remain on my lips but with this one it comes off completely leaving me with what looks like ridiculous lip liner. I like to refer back to pricing and for £1 and for £2.99 the colour is very good and strong - I'm happy with this although it means that I do have to take it out with me when I'm wearing it.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x