Monday 13 February 2012

MUA blusher - shade 2

MUA is a collection I absolutely adore. Their range is only available in some Superdrug stores or on their website and the Make Up Academy products are all £1 whilst the extension Make Up Academy Professional range are priced between £1.50 and £4. This is perfect for me as I love beauty on a budget - as you can probably tell. I think a lot of make up is so overpriced due to the name rather than the actual quality itself.  


The only downside I find is that they come in shade numbers rather than definitions which can make selecting specific products very difficult. Especially online as a name to describe the product would give you so much more of an idea of what to expect. The blusher I'm reviewing is shade number 2 in the blusher collection and it is described as a 'highly pigmented blusher which is a long-lasting powder.' 



The shade itself is what I'd describe as a dark pink, almost verging on a pink-red shade. It glides on cheeks easily and is subtle but can be built up to a brighter shade. It is, as stated highly pigmented, especially considering the low cost. It lasts on my cheeks for a long time and brightens up my pale cheeks, making them look more rosy and natural.


This is a fairly heavy swatch considering that the product is very pigmented so a little generally goes a long way whilst retaining a natural look. The packaging is very simple and plain but I feel this suits the range as it doesn't have to 'impress' as such but is provided to keep beauty on a budget in mind. I am extremely impressed with MUA and believe it's as good, if not better, as similar higher priced products

Good for: those on a budget looking for a highly pigmented blusher
Bad for: people who are looking for specific shade names (can be a little confusing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x