Monday 27 August 2012

Soap & Glory: The Righteous Butter


(£10.50/300ml)

First of all I have to talk about the consistency within the Soap & Glory range. The packaging of their products are absolutely stunning - from the descriptions to the colours and the imagery - they're all in line and unique. This is similar with the smell. It's made with shea butter and aloe vera although it smells rather florally but not overpoweringly so.

This is described as a 'smooth, creamy and velvety intense body lotion' which I think describes it well although more should be focused on its moisturising attributes. This is a massive pot that I would not have paid £10.50 for but I got this as part of a set of Christmas and I've hardly used any. I'd definitely recommend getting a travel size as I honestly don't know how I'll ever use up so much.


The formula itself appears very thick but is actually a lot smoother once spread out. It's really moisturising especially after shaving and the scent lingers for a good 6+ hours after application, which is something I really look for in a body butter/lotion. I'd put this more under the lotion category though as I see a butter as something slightly thicker. I'd say it has the consistency of butter icing where it looks thick but spreads out a fair amount.

This is the 'very dry skin formula' and I must say it has hydrated my skin much more than any other product has. I get slightly impatient waiting for it to dry though and I'd say it takes a good 10 - 20 minutes to soak into my skin fully which to me is a fairly long time. Having said that this is a beautiful product but with a hefty price tag. It's extremely good value for money though and one pea-sized amount goes a long way so slather it on!







1 comment:

  1. I have this and I agree fully to everything you've said, S&G has amazing products and packaging and this smells amazing.
    Elle xo

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x