Tuesday 17 January 2012

Tea Tree & Witch hazel Blemish Stick

Spots seem to have a habit of turning up when you least want them to don't they? Sitting at home for a couple of days and my face is as fresh and clean as a daisy but as soon as I decide I need to look nice for somewhere important I have a big spot suddenly appear. Always the way!

I was fed up of using Clearasil which, although worked like a charm, was really quite harsh on my sensitive skin and decided to go for a more 'natural' seeming blemish balm. Boots claims that this Blemish Stick 'gets to work instantly on fighting the spot-causing bacteria' and uses Tea Tree Oil and Witch Hazel to keep skin calm and healthy whilst clearing spots. It's suitable for all skin types but is specially recommended for oily/combination skin, so I thought this would be perfect for me!

(Available from Boots for £2.59)

The packaging is very sweet and fits with the theme of the naturalness of this product. You do get a lot in the stick for its price and I can say that you don't need to use a lot at a time so it's very cost-effective.
But can I say this product lived up to expectations? Unfortunately not.The stick itself smelt quite herbal, something I obviously expected from this sort of product but it just felt very medicinal. My spots didn't improve at all which was very frustrating and my overall complexion didn't change. I think a main problem I have with this product is the fact it's on a stick. Thus meaning that if you're using it on your face you still have the spotty bacteria which is then being spread further. 

Sadly I was let down by this product and I wouldn't particularly recommend it to anyone. I'm sceptical of blemish sticks anyway and this hasn't helped reassure me that they work too well.
Sorry Boots but it's a thumbs down from me! 

Good for: A quick herbal cover up for those that have enough time on their hands
Bad for: An instant spot treatment 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x