Friday 27 January 2012

St Moriz Fake Tan

I've tried out a few fake tanning products - from lotions to sprays to wipes and I've never had any successes. They've all been streaky, orange and quite frankly, laughable. I've been told about St Moriz fake tan numerous times and I thought I'd try it. I'm very pale so I tried their lightest shade rather than the dark option.


(retails at £2.99 from Savers however can be found online from Amazon, fragrance direct etc where prices differ)

At current the St Moriz website is being updated as they have become considerably more popular following being published in magazines etc so I don't have a direct statement from them however they have been described as  producing a 'professional flawless Tan for a Golden Sunkissed Glow, gives you instant bronzing, no treaks, Longer Lasting and Moisturising'. The name itself, St Moriz, can be compared to St Tropez which is known as a very high end tanning product and this is seen as the budget 'version'.

The formula itself is very thick and gloopy and comes out looking quite similar to marmite (a bit of an odd comparison I realise). You can buy a mit to blend it into the skin, however I personally don't advise it as more ends up on the mit itself than on your skin! St Moriz works instantly and dries quickly meaning no need to wait for it to develop although not so quick that there's no time to smooth it in evenly.

It doesn't appear like a natural tan, but what else can you expect? It is a fake tan product and I don't believe any fake tan product will ever look as natural as a real tan. However it does a good job of looking golden depending on how many layers are used. It's subtle and not too dark so it's up to you to build it up.



Much like all the other fake tans you must be careful around your knees, ankles, wrists, hands etc where it comes out darker if you don't rub it in properly. It is extremely long lasting and it fact takes a lot of scrubbing to take off.
This is good for if you're building it up but you will have a lot of scrubbing to get rid of it. It's a subtle colour that makes me look more healthy without being too extreme. As long as you ensure you blend properly it doesn't streak too much.
It's important to remember though that you get what you pay for. This is a very, very good product for £3 and I believe for something you wash off there's no need to pay such extortionate prices to simply make your skin look more tanned.
This is the only tanning product I use now because it does what it says and is successful.

Good for: An instant tan on a budget
Bad for: Even coverage and blending


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x