Sunday 29 January 2012

Lee Stafford Beach Babe Sea Salt Spray

(available from Boots for £7.49)

This spray has been described that it will 'bring out the tousled, textured look you can usually only get after swimming in the sea' and contains dead sea salts and 26 memories but will still leave your hair feeling 'soft to the touch' with 'added bounce, definition and body to die for'. I absolutely love the look created with sea salt spray although I guarantee any spray will feel better than that of the actual gritty sea and sand itself!


It states that around 50 sprays should be used on damp or dry hair. I believe this is an excessive amount for the price of the spray. I usually use about 10 - 15 because I don't have mega long or thick hair and don't like the idea of using 150ml up within a short time frame which is what would happen if I followed their guidelines. It does carry out what it claims - it's tousled and bouncy. But it's also very subtle and adds classy waves rather than a full on look. I prefer the latter - I like my hair to look big and so had to backcomb the roots slightly in order to achieve this however the texture was lovely so it does as it claims! 


I would just like to state that, whilst this is a good product, I would never pay £7.49 if it weren't for the fact that my mum wanted to try it out in hopes of taming her very frizzy, curly hair. We've since made our own sea salt spray of sea salt particles, water and conditioner. The only thing we've had to pay for is the spray bottle (relatively cheap in the local boots or use an old one to rewash), sea salt particles (cheap from ASDA for a big load) and conditioner (already available as you only need a tiny bit from what you use at the moment). It's so much cheaper for a bigger amount than sprays like this and you can control how much salt you think you'll need to complete your look. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x