Tuesday 28 August 2012

My Summer Face 2012

So I thought I'd create a post of the products I've been using the most this Summer and just a little bit about them. I hate any sort of warm weather so when it's a cold day I'm perfectly happy! The problem with the 'Great British Summer' is that when it's rubbish it's rubbish and when it's hot... it's really hot. These products have generally catered for both of these situations... so what's your Summer face??


I don't generally use concealer but in the Summer I prefer to use this under around my eyes rather than a foundation. I also don't use this dark a colour normally but in Summer I go for something darker to reflect the season.

2. Collection 2000 colour match foundation in Ivory
This Summer I've been using two foundations. This first one has a sheen that makes my face look moisturised without being greasy and is quite a light formula. This is also perfect for if I catch any colour because it adapts to whatever colour my skin is.

3. Avon Eyebrow pencil in dark brown
Shamefully I've only been pencilling my eyebrows in for the past 6 months or so and now I'd be lost without them. My face looks so much more 'finished' with this on. I use a dark brown because I like my brows to stand out. There's a blonde option but it just washes me out completely.

Although this is from an old line this mascara is perfect. It's subtle but has enough oomph to make my lashes stand out without feeling like they're going to melt in the heat.

5. Natural Collection Blusher in dusky pink
I very rarely wear blusher in the Summer but when I do I go for this pink that comes out very light and again is subtle which I think is key for a daytime Summer look. 

I got this free in a magazine near the beginning of Summer and initially I hated it but I got used to the scent/taste and can say it's a gloss that isn't sticky or shiny and my hair doesn't get stuck in it at all which is good when you're walking along and a gust of wind gets you.

This is one of my favourite mascaras of all time. It makes my lashes look great and long and adds extra volume. There's not much left of this so I use this as a 'top up' to my Colour Trend mascara.

I'm a big fan of eyeliner and find this one of the easiest to put on compared to eyeliner pencils or liquid eyeliners. It's easy to distribute and isn't too bold a colour (it comes out as a light glitter-black rather than strong) which is good for a more natural take.

9. MUA Matte Foundation in Soft Sand
I've spent most of my Summer at work or out when it's quite hot and I hate the feeling of a sticky foundation some times which is where this foundation is perfect as it keeps my skin dry and stops me looking too greasy/shiny. 

This is my saviour! One swipe of this around my cheeks/nose and I'm good for the day without having to worry about looking shiny. My ultimate make-up fave!

11. Maybelline Eye Studio Mono in Gold Sands
I love a bronze/gold eyeshadow under eyeliner and I think it completes a look by making eyes pop without being too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x