Friday 27 January 2012

Collection 2000 colour match foundation

Collection 2000 launched this new foundation and claim that it contains 'a unique skin tone technology that adapts to the skin's natural tone to help deliver a subtle, flawless look that lasts' available in 6 shades and aims to enhance, correct and harmonise, delivering a subtle, flawless look that lasts. 
I've never really used Collection 2000 as they seemed like a fairly cheap foundation and at the time I'd decided that a higher price = better quality. This is not necessarily the case though.



(retails at £5.99 from Boots)

I must say this is one of the best foundations I have used. The formula itself is quite runny which means very little needed to be used as it spread evenly on my skin whilst retaining a medium coverage - making my skin feel as though it had another layer to it (boosting my confidence) without feeling cakey or thick. I purchased this in Ivory but as it said it adapts to your skin colour I thought it wouldn't look too pale on me and should darken to my skin colour. It does exactly what it states, it blends in and looks very natural on your skin. I'm used to buying foundations a shade or two darker than my skin but with this it settled in perfectly and didn't feel too heavy.

The design of the bottle itself is subtle yet stylish. The frosted bottle fits in with the other foundations in the collection 2000 product line but the pink adds a touch of femininity and brightens up my make-up bag without trying too hard to be too 'out there' with the design. A lot of make-up I've tried also smells very 'make-up esque' - no surprise there - with a hint of stage make-up which is slightly off putting but this smells over so slightly like sun cream without being too powerful a scent. The only true downside to this formula I can find is that it dries quite quickly but it's runny enough that it's so quick to blend that I don't have to spend myself waiting for it to dry and instead speeds up the process.



From the swatches you can see it goes very far and has a great coverage. It is an affordable foundation and one of the best I've tried - it leaves skin looking covered without being sticky and heavy and lives up to its claims. Very impressive.

Good for: Foundation coverage that matches skin
Bad for: People that don't like different smelling foundations


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on how you feel about my post or whether you've had a similar experience/product. Thank-you so much for your feedback x